- Client: Dukelease
- Architect: Brimelow McSweeney
- Scope: Refurbishment
- Central Covent Garden Location
- Complex Site Constraints
- Additional 2 storeys added
An existing 5 storey office building in the centre of Covent Garden was converted to High End Residential use by compartmentalising the floor areas with partitioning, to create a number of individual apartments. 2 additional storeys have been added above existing roof level, to create a self-contained penthouse apartment.
To bring natural light into the living spaces at lower ground floor level, the existing first and ground floor plates were cut back, requiring new steelwork framing to support the revised slab profiles.
Hop House, Covent Garden won the 2015 Sunday Times British Homes Award for the best Conversion, Restoration or Refurbishment of existing Building.
- AJ Retrofit Awards 2016 – FINALIST for the Best Housing Scheme
- RICS Awards 2016 – FINALIST for the best residential scheme in London
- INCA Architectural Design of the Year Award 2016 – WINNER
- The Sunday Times British Homes Awards 2015 – WINNER for best conversion of an existing building.